Plastics can cause air, ocean, water, soil pollution, etc. Today we will introduce the soil pollution caused by plastics.
Plastic has become an indispensable product in modern society and is widely used. Plastic pollution has also become a global environmental pollution problem. With the rapid development of the plastics industry, the output of waste plastics is proportional to it, and the environmental problems caused by this are becoming increasingly prominent. In recent years, the problem of soil plastic pollution has also begun to receive attention.
The harm of plastics to the soil
1.Waste land resources
Plastics cause a huge waste of land resources. Waste plastics are buried with garbage, which will not only occupy a large amount of land, but also the occupied land will not be restored for a long time, which will affect the sustainable use of land. Because plastics have a stable structure and are not easily destroyed by natural microorganisms, they will not be degraded within 200 years in the natural environment, leading to long-term occupation of large tracts of land and increasing pressure on land resources.
2. Not easy to degrade
Plastic waste will not rot after being landfilled for a long time and will endanger the future. Corrosion and bacteria resistance is a major advantage of plastic products, but after they become garbage, they have become a headache for scientists. In the absence of air and light, microorganisms are difficult to decompose organic matter. It takes 200 years for plastic waste to break down in landfill.
3. Harmful substance
High temperature will decompose harmful substances. Plastic products have no harmful substances, but because its recycling equipment is not perfect, the craftsmanship is simple, and many manufacturers have no legal business licenses, the reproduced plastic products are poisonous when the temperature reaches 65℃ and the substance will precipitate out. After the landfill, plastic garbage is washed by rain for a long time, a large amount of harmful substances will enter the soil.
4. Harm to crops
Waste plastic packaging is mixed in the soil, which affects the absorption of nutrients and water by crops, affects the growth of crops, and will reduce crop production. After aging, the plastic film used in farmland will be broken and left in the field without decomposition and decay. The plastic film will destroy the land structure, hinder plants from absorbing water and root growth, and affect crop yields. According to the survey, if each area contains 3.9 kilograms of residual film, the yield of corn can be reduced by 11-23%, and the yield of wheat can be reduced by 9-16%, and this pollution is difficult to eliminate.
How to reduce plastic pollution in daily life
1.When you need to shop, carry a reusable bag with you. Supermarkets are generally equipped with plastic bags, but this greatly affects environmental protection. Therefore, as an individual, it is recommended not to throw away the used plastic bags and use them next time. You can also buy or make plastic bags for facilitate multiple use.
2. Bring your own cup when buying coffee and cups of drinks. Many places have self-service coffee machines or beverage machines, with disposable cups next to them, which is very detrimental to environmental protection.When you need to shop, carry a reusable bag with you. Supermarkets are generally equipped with plastic bags, but this greatly affects environmental protection. Therefore, as an individual, it is recommended not to throw away the used plastic bags and use them next time. You can also buy or make plastic bags for facilitate multiple use.
3. If you are accustomed to using straws, please buy your own straws. Clinker straws are not only environmentally friendly, but also harmful to the human body. If you buy good quality straws or glass-metal straws for repeated use, it will not only protect your health but also protect the environment.
4. Carry refillable water bottles during the journey. Instead of buying bottled water, buy something more sustainable. In sports and other activities, try to use steel cylinders as an anti-injury option. Glass is more fragile, but it can also keep hot water warm. You can even get a reusable plastic bottle, which is better than buying multiple disposable bottles.
5. Bring your own tableware to avoid relying on plastic tableware. Many restaurants and fast food restaurants will provide disposable tableware, which is neither hygienic nor environmentally friendly. It is recommended to bring your own tableware to solve these problems.
6. Our ECO BOOM products are eco-friendly. We have bamboo baby diaper and plant-based baby diaper. The topsheet and backsheet of our bamboo baby diaper are made of 100% FSC certificated bamboo fiber, which can reduce about 25%-30% plastic waste. The backsheet of plant-based baby diaper is made of EcoCosy plant-based fiber, which can also reduce plastic waste and protect biodiversity. Except for baby diaper, we also have household products, including bamboo wipes, bamboo toilet paper and bamboo kitchen paper which are made of 100% bamboo fiber and is 100% biodegradable. Our ECO BOOM brand is producing eco-friendly products to purse health and stylish lifestyle, and furthermore reach sustanability.